UV-C linear with sensor
The UV-C linear with sensor is designed for the disinfection of surfaces and is suitable for a wide range of applications. The UV-C linear provides universal UV-C irradiance with homogenous distribution. Its disinfection capability is based on wattage used and a specific exposure time for a given distance from that surface. No persons or animals should be present at the time of usage, due to high risk of harm to eyes and skin. It comes with safeguard controls using sensor monitoring, which automatically shuts down the UV-C linear should a person or animal be detected within the range of the sensor. The performance is enhanced by a highly-reflective and durable aluminum body, which improves its efficacy even further and directs the UV-C light to the to-be-irradiated surfaces and within the sensor range.
- UV-C effectively inactivates many viruses and bacteria on directly irradiated surfaces.1 Moreover, in laboratory testing, Signify’s UV-C light sources inactivated 99% of SARS-CoV-2 virus on a surface with an exposure time of 6 seconds.2
- Proven, effective disinfection over the useful long lifetime of lamp and luminaire.
- Environmentally friendly – no ozone emissions during or after use.
- Fitted with safeguards such as physically integrated sensors that automatically shut down the UV-C linear when a person or animal is sensed.
- Can be used in numerous applications.
- Timer Pre-Sets for 30 mins, 1hr, 2hr and 3hrs for setting as per application.
- Auto Sensor Self detection check before starting operation and during operation.
- Auto Switch off in case of any presence of human beings or animals detected in the surrounding area (5m Radius).
- Cuts off UV-C irradiation beyond the sensor range to avoid any accidental exposure beyond the coverage area.
- Continuous visual warning while the disinfection operation is on.
- Specially Engineered mirror optics to cut off UV-C irradiance to risk group 0 beyond the sensor coverage area.
- The specially designed mirror optics improve efficacy Average 90% by controlled distribution of the irradiance (Compared to UVC Batten with Al Cover).3
- Dip Switch available in sensor for time settings as per application.
- Philips T8 TUV lamp included: 36 W.
- Shortwave UV radiation peak at 253.7 nm (UV-C).
- Various mounting options.
The UV-C disinfection linear with sensor disinfects surfaces that are directly exposed to the UV-C light, emitted by the UV-C linear. The linear may not be used in the presence of any persons or animals.
Retail Disinfect shopping carts, shelves and counters.
Hair and Disinfect client rooms, operating floor, mirrors, chairs surfaces,
beauty salons and other sensitive areas.
Schools Disinfect classroom walls, floors, desks and surfaces.
Offices Disinfect work rooms, meeting spaces and corridors.
Banking Disinfect counters, cash machines and work surfaces.
Hospitality Disinfect guest rooms, reception areas and other facilities.
Food outlets Disinfect bacteria on preparation surfaces and equipment.
Washrooms Disinfect vanity units, basins and mirrors.
Transportation Disinfect passengers’ waiting spaces.
Warnings and safety
DANGER: Risk Group 3 UV product. Like any disinfection system, UV-C lamps and devices must be installed and used in the correct way. Direct exposure to UV-C can be dangerous and result in a sunburn-like reaction to the skin and serious damage to the cornea. As UV-C is invisible to
the eye, the UV-C linear must be installed together with adequate safeguards to ensure that the UV-C linear can be operated in a safe way. The UV-C linears are only to be used as components in a system that consists of adequate safety safeguards such as, but not limited to, those indicated in the mounting instructions and/or user manuals.
Direct exposure to UV-C is dangerous. Philips UV-C products must only be sold through qualified partners and installed by professionals according to our stringent safety and legal requirements. Our UV-C products are not meant to be used in applications or activities which may cause and/or lead to death, personal injury and/or damage to the environment.
The UV-C disinfection linears’ effectiveness in the inactivation of certain viruses, bacteria, protozoa, fungi or other harmful micro-organisms is as described above under the heading “Benefits”. Signify and its group of companies do not promise or warrant that the use of the UV-C linears will protect any user from or prevent from infection and/or contamination with any viruses, bacteria, protozoa, fungi, illness or disease. The UV-C linears are not approved and/or certified as a medical device by the FDA and/or any other regulatory body. As such, the UV-C linears are not intended for and must not be used to disinfect medical devices, rooms and/ or spaces that are furnished with medical devices and/or for medical purposes. In addition to and without limitation of any exclusions or limitations of liability of Signify and its group of companies as set forth in any agreement for the sale, distribution or otherwise making available of the UV-C linears, Signify and its group of companies shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any claim or damage that may arise from or relate to any use of the UV-C linears outside of their intended use or contrary to their installation and operation instructions, each as described in this document, the user manuals and/or the mounting instructions.
Operating and Electrical
Sensor Application Notice/Sensor
Design Function Flow